Determination of sound absorption, reflection coefficients and impedance ratio of material samples.
The impedance tube AED 1000 – AcoustiTube® is a measuring system for determining the sound absorption coefficient, the sound reflection factor and the impedance ratio of materials in the laboratory on the basis of the transfer function method described in DIN EN ISO 10534-2 and ASTM E1050.
In the impedance tube a plain sound wave is generated and sent against a sound absorbing specimen in front of a reverberant termination. The resulting sound pressure is measured by using two microphones in front of the material sample. The sound absorption coefficient of the material is determined by evaluating the incoming and reflected sound energy.
An extension of the impedance tube to the transmission tube allows the determination of the characteristic absorber values (wave number and characteristic impedance), the transmission coefficient and the sound insulation (transmission loss) by applying the Two-Load Method with 4 microphones according to ASTM E2611 (Transmission Matrix Method). On such basis, the insertion loss of mufflers (software for acoustic design of mufflers AcoustiCalc®-Silencer) and the diffuse sound absorption coefficient (software for acoustic design of sound absorbers AcoustiCalc® -Absorber), comparison to measurements in the reverberation chamber according to DIN EN ISO 354, especially rated sound absorption coefficient of the material according to DIN EN ISO 11654) can be computed directly.
- Sample holder
- Depending on the application field different sample holders are available.
Sample holder I
- Application: determination of sound absorption coefficient of materials in the laboratory according to DIN EN ISO 10534-2 and ASTM E1050
- Specimens: cylindrical specimens with a diameter of 15 mm, 30 mm, 40 mm or 100 mm
- Method: prepared cylindrical specimens of variable thickness are mounted and sealed into the specimen holder, which can be continuously positioned and adjusted
- Application: determination of sound absorption coefficient in situ according to DIN ISO 13472-2 (sound absorption coefficient < 0,15)
- Specimens: road surfaces and plates of specimens with a dimension of at least 300 mm x 300 mm
- Method: adapter for tight attachment of impedance tube to the surface of the specimen
- Compression sample holder
- The compression sample holder is an extension to the impedance and transmission tubes. It is almost continuously adjustable in length. Furthermore the compression sample holder allows defined compression of cylindrical samples or bulk sample material for determination of the sound absorption coefficient, sound insulation, absorber parameters and flow resistance. Finally it facilitates controlled installation of thin materials.
|800819.1||1001.1 Impedance tube software|
|800907.1||1001.3 Data base|
|801487.2||1001.5 In-situ measurement of asphalt|
|802053.2||1401 Software transmission|
1000.1 Impedance Tube Software (800819.1)
With the1000.1-Impedance-Tube-Software we offer a comprehensive, high-performance engineering tool for the frequency-dependent determination of material characteristics. This enables you to average the results from different material samples, to easily manage and compare results using a database and to determine the sound absorption and reflection coefficients as well as the impedance ratio of test objects in the laboratory based on the DIN EN ISO 10534-2 transfer-factor method.
1401 Software Transmission (802053.2)
Additionally the 1401-transmission-software allows the determination of the sound insulation, the transmission coefficient, the complex impedance, the complex wave number and and the transmission loss of open porous cylindrical specimens in the laboratory on the basis of the Two-Load Method. Furthermore, it is possible to average various selected measurements both of different microphone distances and of different system diameters in the frequency range according to DIN EN ISO 10534-2 with 1401-Viewer.
3001 – AcoustiCalc®-Absorber (Acoustic Design of Multi-Layer Systems) (802054.0)
Additionally the 3001 – AcoustiCalc®-Absorber1 software allows ther definition of multilayer system by means of graphical user interface.
- environmental conditions
- thickness of material setup
- material parameters, e. g. length-related airflow resistance; tortuosity; structure factor; porosity
- calculation models / measured data: Air and open porous absorbers. Model according to DELANY-BAZELY; model of homogeneous medium; phenomenological model; complex absorber values measured in the transmission tube (continuous spectrum)
|15mm impedance tube|
|Frequency range||150 ... 10200Hz||30mm impedance tube|
|Frequency range||150 ... 6600Hz|
|40mm impedance tube|
|Frequency range||100 ... 4400Hz||100mm impedance tube|
|Frequency range||50 ... 2000Hz||Sample thickness|
|Compression sample holder||170mm|